Monday, April 03, 2006

Ok, I'm finally going to add another post.

On Friday the 31st of March, I was able to use the bike at work to make rounds. I only rode for a couple of hours, I'm not sure how far I rode but the point is I am able to ride a bike as part of my job!

April Fool's Day I rode in a Hostelling International ride from 5 miles North of Alton Illinois across the Confluence of the Mississippi and Illinois Rivers to Brussels Illinois and back. We took the Brussels Ferry across. It was about 48 miles round trip. It was flat for the first 12 or 13 miles and then rolling hills to Brussels, beautiful scenery. Average speed 16.6 mph. The day couldn't have been better. There was a head wind that was about 5 mph and it stayed with us on the return trip. The temperature was around 62 and it was sunny. A great day!

Tom was my riding partner. He's great to ride with. He's a much stronger rider and he's helping me ride faster and longer. I'm hoping to do the Hostelling International 5 Century Challange this year.

Tom and I were riding in a pace line in the beginning and the person in front of me kicked up some road debris. I missed it but Tom hit it and flatted. That was the only bad incident on the whole ride.

We are riding again tomorrow, I'll keep ya'all posted...

No comments: