Thursday, April 20, 2006

Tuesday April 18th, another great day for bicycling. I met Tom at the Kirkwood Community Center at 9:00 am. we went on another HI weekday ride, this was the Azalea Ride. The Azaleas are blooming right now and the ride took us through some of the neighborhoods of West St. Louis city from Kirkwood to the Botanical Garden. We were supposed to go through the garden once we got there but I had to go to work by 2:30 pm so we skipped the garden walk part. Tom and I don't like to stop for very long anyway.

We put in 28 miles, Mxs: 28, Tm: a little over 2 hrs, Avs 14. The day was very nice lower 60's and a little breezy but not bad.

Once again, thanks to Tom for helping me get my average time up.

We talked a little about the 5 century challange and a 60 mile ride Tom wants to do from his house to downtown Stl and through South City and back to his house. I think I'm ready for it.

This weekend is Earth Day Celebrations and the Spring Chicken Ride.

No comments: