Wednesday, May 17, 2006

May 17th 2006

OK. Tom and I rode today. We're getting ready for a century this Saturday. I'm not sure that I am totally ready. I need to get some energy gel, and at least one spare tire. Otherwise I feel better than I have in a long time.

Today's ride is one we did about a month ago. It starts out in Columbia Illinois and winds through the farmlands of the Illinois side of the St. Louis region. It winds around the river bottom and then up the bluffs to Millstadt and then back to Columbia. It is a really peaceful ride with some hills. The roads are good on most of the ride but there are some rough parts and a couple of roads you have to fight traffic. But it is a good training ride. The only negative about today's ride was the wind was pretty strong out of the West and we had a head wind most of the way back.

Ride stats; Dst: 45 mls, Tm: 2 hrs, 44 mins, Avs: 16.2, Mxs 35.5 (and this was down a steep hill that is very badly paved).

We hope to ride again tomorrow.

No comments: