Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Tuesday May2nd.

Another great day for cycling. It was in the mid 60's when we started (9:00 am) and sunny. Tom and I joined the Hostelling International ride in Milstadt Il for a 44 mile ride on the countryside. There was a good group of people riding. Tom and I started out in a large group, about 15 people, and we soon broke out with 6 others and we were going at a good clip, around 22-23 miles per hour. Pretty soon I started to feel a cramp in my side and I was getting winded. I realized that this was too fast a pace for me and I slowed to my usual 18-20 mph pace. The grou[p got ahead of me but not too far. I kept catching them on intersections with stop signs. They also got a littl lost and added about three miles to the total trip. The thing that made me feel like a looser was that three of the guys were over 70 years old. Real animals and great riders. Paul and Jasper who we had ridden with before were the strongest of the three.

Anyway the stats are as follows;
Distance: 47.35, avs: 16.6, tm: 2hrs, 50 mins, mxs:30.5.

No comments: